Every applicant who has met the following conditions can become a EESVO Member
- they completed higher education of second level in the field of veterinary medicine
- they sent the application in writing (e-mail), containing personal data, address, e-mail, phone, place of current job, year of graduation and confirmation of payment of the annual membership fee for a given year. E-mail: email@example.com
- annual membership fee: 20 € (IBAN: 2609000000005109026880), must be paid by the end of April upcoming year
Please write your name in the message to recipient to identify the sender.
Honorary member of the EESVO shall be a natural or legal person whose honorary membership in the Society has been approved by the EESVO General Assembly. When deciding about the honorary membership, the General Assembly shall consider primarily the activities in the field of veterinary medicine, particularly the merits in the development of veterinary science and research, merits in the area of veterinary ophthalmology practice and merits in the Society’s development.
They shall have the right to attend congresses and other events held by the association free of charge. Membership of an honorary member shall not be subject to the requirement of affiliation with the veterinary profession.
Student membership shall be held by a student who is studying at a university of veterinary medicine within the territory of the European Union the academic diplomas of which university are automatically recognised in the EU Member States and who:
- has been registered through the Society’s website by filling in the designated registration form, or has been registered in person at an event organized by the association
- has presented his/her Transcript of Records or a valid and up-to-date student identity card (ISIC) certifying his/her status of a student of veterinary medicine
- has paid a preferential membership fee (50% of the membership fee): 10 € (IBAN: 2609000000005109026880)
Please write your name in the message to recipient to indentify the sender.
The duration of Student membership held by each student shall be limited to the respective duration of the student’s full time study. Student members shall be obliged to prove their student status by presenting to the Society’s Secretariat a certificate of their study issued by the Office of Education and Study Affairs of the respective Faculty or by presenting a valid and up-to-date student identity card (ISIC) certifying their status of a student of veterinary medicine.
In case of a failure to comply with above-mentioned the association shall be entitled to decide about the cessation of the given student’s membership without a right to reimbursement of the preferential membership fee.
Individual students shall have all the rights to partial exemption from the payment of fees for the attendance of the respective undertakings or events organized by the EESVO or those related to its activities.
Any veterinarian can become a HED examiner provided that they meet the following criteria:
- they are a member of the EESVO
- they are a holder of a Certificate of Compliance with the Conditions for Practising Veterinary Curative and Preventive Activities
- they have minimum equipment that enables to perform direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy, gonioscopy, tonometry, biomicroscopy with the minimum magnification of 10x and a recording device to be used for documenting the results
- they have passed a specialized professional examination for HED examiners