EESVO East European Society of Veterinary OphthalmologyFor veterinarians, veterinary ophthalmologists, specialists, scientists and students - ophthalmology is our passion
We encourage you to participate in an extraordinary symposium in veterinary ophthalmology organized by Dr Gustavo Garcia, an ACVO Diplomate. Online lectures will be held every Wednesday evening August 19th - December 9th. The symposium will be conducted by leading...
In the view of the current COVID-19 pandemic situation we have made an uneasy decision to postpone the VIth EESVO Conference, which was scheduled for 22 November 2020 (Katowice, Poland). We are looking for alternative timing of the conference in 2021. We will confirm...
East European Society of Veterinary Ophthalmology – EESVO
The East European Society of Veterinary Ophthalmology (EESVO) was established in 2013 in order to provide for further education of veterinarians and for research in the field of veterinary ophthalmology in cooperation with professional associations of veterinarians and veterinary universities in the respective East European countries.
The Primary Objectives of the EESVO are:
- exchange and update knowledge in the field of veterinary ophthalmology
- widespread certification of Hereditary Eye Diseases (HED) through residential program
- exchange of information in the field of scientific research in veterinary ophthalmology between cooperating with EESVO universities and free practice veterinarians
- popularization of these findings among EESVO members
- the examination and certification of veterinarians who have successfully completed a residential program
At the initiative of prof. Gil Ben-Shlomo – ISVO President, ISVO Steering Committee was appointed, consisting of the presidents of organizational members. The Committee was approved by all international organizations, thus unifying doctors specializing in the field of veterinary ophthalmology. The aim of the Committee is to promote the education and knowledge of veterinary ophthalmology worldwide and to serve as a bridge between local and national veterinary ophthalmology organizations.
On August 8, the first ISVO Committee meeting was held, at which international collaboration and interaction between veterinary ophthalmologists and veterinary ophthalmology organizations.